[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24 HDMI audio problem

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 01:29:26 UTC 2010

Hi

On 21 November 2010 00:50, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> Could you please test with:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/27306
> and
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/27307
>
> applied to the latest 0.24-fixes and see if it's any better?
>
> The behaviour should be similar to what mplayer is doing (I
> shamelessly copied their logic)
>
> myth now tries to set the passthrough device, if it fails, it just use
> the main one ; and as the reason it originally failed with device name
> like hw:0,x is because you can set them as passthrough.

For those using my ubuntu repo ;

package version 2730 ubuntu4 and above, have those changes backported.

It would be great if people upgraded to those packages and let me know
how audio with alsa and passthrough is working..
If no nasty side effects are found, I will backport those changed to
0.24-fixes in a week or so.

Cheers
JY