[mythtv-users] Really washed out picture since upgrade to 0.24.0

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 21 05:35:56 UTC 2010

I have had some issues with this also.  Since the new nvidia drivers, I noticed some things work opposite of what I think they should.
My panny plasma will not do full range.  So with .23 I used the vdpaustudio with good results.
Now with .24 I have tried several different options to try and get the blacks correct.
I tried removing the vdpaustudio option in mythtv and using rgb limited in nvidia-settings.  This resulted in the blacks still being slightly crushed.
Then I tried setting the nvidia driver to full range and using vdpau studio in mythtv.  That made everything look grey.
Ultimately, I get the correct blacks by setting nvidia to rgb limited, and using vdpaustudio in myth.
Nothing seems to work exactly like you would think it would.
Not sure what the deal is????