[mythtv-users] teletext spacing ?

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 12:39:25 UTC 2010

On 21 November 2010 18:08, raptor jr <raptorjr at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running a old version, little before 0.23 (22722), and everything looks
> good there. Even though the text gets cut of sometimes because it gets to
> long. But its much easier to read than 0.24.
> With your explanation it sounds that there is nothing that can be done with
> this problem and we have to live with it?

There may well be something that can be done but to fix a problem I
need to know what the problem is. The core of the teletext code is
unchanged from 0.23 to 0.24, so the only element that should have
changed is the final step of actually rendering the text. 'easier to
read' doesn't tell me where to start looking and is also largely
subjective. It is probably just a case of tweaking the font type, size
and perhaps the style (i.e. maybe make the text bold). Comparative
screenshots would probably speak volumes :)

Remember you can chose any font available on your system in the OSD
settings page (but the zoom setting will not influence teletext
captions).

As an aside, what video renderer are you using? I've just noted a
slight potential problem in the code if you're using XVideo -
VDPAU/OpenGL/Direct3d should be fine.

regards

Mark