[mythtv-users] Downgrading 0.24 to 0.23.1 and want to avoid losing the few recordings since the upgrade

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Nov 21 13:03:05 UTC 2010

On 21/11/2010 12:34, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 20/11/2010 21:34, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On 21 November 2010 06:08, Paul Gardiner<lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>>> Looks like I might need to go back to 0.23.1 from 0.24. I have my
>>> old database, but I'll have recorded 4 things since the upgrade.
>>> What's the easiest way to fake them as recordings into the old
>>> database.
>>
>> Why do you think you need to downgrade ?
>>
>> anything that can't be fixed with 0.24?
>
> It's a strange problem, that as yet I haven't found anyone else
> with. I'm getting a washed out picture. It's ok in the menu, and
> when it says "Please wait", but during actual playback, I've
> lost all my deep blacks. It's as though the vdpaustudio filter
> is being applied twice. I've tried removing the filter, and that
> does help my blacks, but then they are a bit too strong, and the
> whites look overblown. I'm using minimyth and I'm not sure how
> to fiddle with the nvidia set up. I was planning on going back
> to 0.23.1 until the next minimyth release, and then try again,
> unless I can find someone else with the problem and a workaround,
> but so far no.

I think I've just sussed out what's happening. My TV can handle
both video and PC levels (and YUV of course). I had it set to
autodetect, and something has changed in this minimyth version,
that is making my TV recognise
video levels as PC levels. If I explicitly set it to video levels,
I'm back to the great picture I'd had on 0.23.1.

Putting my TV on auto and removing the vdpaustudio filter is
actually very close too, contrary to my statements before, but
it isn't quite as good.

This is still a bit of a pain, but not so much so that I need
downgrade, which is great. It's a bit of a pain, because having
my TV hardwired to RGB 16-235, means I'll need to set my bluray
player in RGB mode too, but I can't really say I've noticed
any difference between RGB and YUV when I've tried that before.

Cheers,
	paul.