[mythtv-users] tmdb.py script question

Johan johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be
Mon Nov 22 11:38:30 UTC 2010

tmdb.py is not updating the video metadata for some movies.

When I use the "retrieve all details" no information is updated for
specific movies.

When I run the script from the commandline, XML data is returned with
the -M switch. That data seems to relate to the right movie.

Running the script with the -i option returns nothing.

this is my command line:

/usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -M "The fast and the furious"

another example is "The Interpreter"

Other titles starting with "The" are found, so that does not seem to be
the issue.

and the output from
/usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -v
<grabber>
<name>TheMovieDB.org</name>
<author>R.D.Vaughan</author>
<thumbnail>tmdb.png</thumbnail>
<command>tmdb.py</command>
<type>movie</type>
<description>Search and metadata downloads for themoviedb.org</description>
<version>0.21</version>
</grabber>

Since I don't know which switches mythtv is setting, and it's not
configurable anymore in 0.24 (trunk), I can't do much more troubleshooting.

Any help appreciated!