[mythtv-users] ion configs

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 14:30:40 UTC 2010

Here in the UK we dont have many free-to-air HD channels, but those
that we do have transmit in 1080i, which I gather is unusual as most
pay-for HD channels are 720i...

As PAL is circa 550 visible lines, 720i is not all that much more than UK SD...

So we have BBCHD BBC1HD and ITV1HD on FreeSat.

I have a frontend which is dual core Atom / ION.

I have to run the frontend with real-time threads enabled for the HD
content and I use the VPDAU slim profile with all deinterlacers turned
off... if I even use VDPAU normal profile I get stuttering...

with no deinterlacing playback is under 20% cpu utilisation, if I use
VDPAU normal it jumps to 40+% and stutters.

except with end credits everything looks great (to my eyes at
least)... but I was wondering what others use.