[mythtv-users] Revo 1600 FYI

Dave Richardson mythtv at derdev.com
Mon Nov 22 15:45:28 UTC 2010

 On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:30:41 -0500, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info>
 wrote:
> I have upgraded my Dell Stuido One 1900 from 4GB to 8GB and decided
> to try out the two 2GB chips in my Revo 1600.  It worked.  I'm
> running
> 4GB on the Revo now, but didn't let me increase the video memory
> beyond 512MB
>
> Doug

 Pretty sure that more than 512MB for video mem (where BIOS allows) is
 not regarded to add value for VDPAU.
 Can someone link to more official statement?  The topic seems to come
 up on this list and that's been the answer given.

 Also, a dedicated FE shouldn't consume/need more than 1-1.5 GB of
 available RAM (YMMV).

 Does this topic need a WIKI page?  (is there one?)