[mythtv-users] Remote Control for MythMusic

Matt Taylor mwtaylor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:48:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 19:11 +0000, Paul Harrison wrote:

> I'm doing the re-write. I honestly don't know when it will be ready to
> commit other than before 0.25 is out with a bit of luck, Myth doesn't
> pay the bills so has to be low priority. I have the playback screen
> mostly done, the playlist editor is done but I'm not 100% happy with
> it
> so might have to re-think that one, I have a search screen done just
> needs a little tidy up, the metadata editor screen is done, the full
> screen visualiser and track info popup is done, I've converted some of
> the visualisers to work with MythUI, I have a working lyrics screen
> but
> it's just a proof of concept at the moment and really needs to be
> plumbed into the metadata grabbing stuff in the BE, I'm currently
> working on the streaming playback screen for the shoutcast/icecast
> playback. There's still a 1001 things to do before it will be ready
> even
> for others to test.

Very much looking forward to this mythmusic rewrite, it seemed like it
was an area that could benefit from some attention. Thanks in advance.

Hijacking slightly but something that I have wondered about for a while
as far as doing remote control of mythmusic (would be a very useful
feature I think) is integration with mpd. I don't know how hard this
would be to do or whether the mythmusic plugin (or mythmusic plugin
rewrite) could be adapted (or retooled as a separate plugin) for this
purpose, but it would be a pretty nice solution for this specific
problem (and the other things that mpd does). I remember that there was
a basic plugin for this a while ago, although I never tried it, I'm sure
there was a good reason why it was never continued with, does anyone
know any more about this?

Regards,
Matt