[mythtv-users] tmdb.py script question

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 22:49:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Johan <johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be> wrote:
> On 11/22/2010 08:25 PM, Doug Vaughan wrote:
>>

>> Try using the "w" key on one movie video instead of "update videos" to at
>> least determine if this is a tmdb.py issue.
>>
>> Is any movie metadata getting successfully update when you specify "update
>> videos" or just some movies like the ones you previously described?
>
> Doug,
>
> with the first movie (fast and furious), the "w" key returned a list of
> movies, that I could select from. Selecting the right one inserted the data
> in to the DB.
>
> With the second movie, no selection was possible, and the right data was
> immediately inserted in the database.
>
> Those movies (and only these 2 out of a set of 11) did not get updated using
> the "retrieve all video details".
> The command "retrieve all video details" did not generate any log entries.

Please bottom post on our lists.

The reason it did not generate any log entries is because all existing
videos were already marked as "processed" in some past run of metadata
grabbing.  "Retrieve all Details" only grabs for those items which are
marked as unprocessed, to prevent re-grabbing the entire library every
time.

Robert