[mythtv-users] [UK] - What's the best way to capture from a Sky digibox?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 12:45:49 UTC 2010

Ok...

So capturing from sky (or virgin) legally and within the agreed terms of
service would be via component capture (hdhomerun) using a scart breakout
lead or svideo. Capturing from rf isnt really very good.

To be honest it is not something i have managed to get very good quality
from. There are other ways of doing it but they are strictly forbidden
topics for this list and although i know the theory i dont have experience
of them.

With regard to the huge delays... you need to quantify that. Is it less than
20seconds? If so is that really a huge delay?

I never watch livetv... ever... even f1 is watched a few minutes behind so i
can start to watch it at my convenience and let myth do its job of
scheduling rather than suddenly myth being asked to provide a tuner for
livetv it wasnt expecting (and had allocated for a different recording)...
tell myth what you want it to record and let it record... then watch the
recorded programmes - even if they are inprogress recordings...

Please excuse brevity and pistakes, this email was sent from my Android
smart phone.

Thanks and best regards,

Richard Morton