[mythtv-users] Problem setting up a recording

Cindi & Derek Cass cass at casscoenterprises.com
Wed Nov 24 03:30:27 UTC 2010

I went into mythtv-setup and changed channel 105 to not display, and that
has fixed my immediate issue of wanting the HD recording for Thursday.  I
noticed that channel 105 and 1105 were both using the same XMLTVID.  I
noticed that 111 and 1111 were also using the same XMLTVID between the two
of them.  I tried to schedule a recording on 1111, and it ended up
scheduling it on 111.

Richard, your suggestion wouldn't work in my case because I couldn't get the
scheduler to record on both channels at the same time.  When I scheduled
1105 to record, the upcoming recording screen would show channel 105 for the
recording.  When I looked in the listings at the time of the show, both 105
and 1105 were shown to be recording the show.  Obviously, I have several
channels that are using the same chanid for the SD and HD flavors.

I'm guessing that all of the 3 digit channels that are marked as HD are
wrong (all HD channels for Time Warner Cable are 4 digits in NC).  For the
long term, how should I go about fixing this?  I'd like to keep the ability
to record the SD channel with my secondary tuner should my HDPVR be busy
recording something else.

Thanks,

Derek