[mythtv-users] Fedora vs. CentOS - Thoughts

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 06:17:14 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2010, at 4:33 PM, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> Out of curiosity, where does this understanding come from?
>>
>> Hi Jarod:  Of course, you are in a much better position than I am to know what is likely to happen here, and I'm not speaking with any inside knowledge.  Here's a recent post from Axel:
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/atrpms/users/14383#14383
>
> Okay, I suspected that might be where it was coming from. I'm
> actually debating taking up the mantle to maintain the backports
> tree, with a specific interest in making sure it builds on a
> certain 2.6.32 kernel. I've got commit rights on the new build
> system tree anyway, and will be committing bits to get it all
> building w/2.6.32 again shortly.
>

>>> /me almost done with a backport of the entire current v4l/dvb
>>> stack (including IR drivers) to the RHEL6 kernel...
>
> /me shakes fist at kABI... Goes ahead with a build w/kABI checking
> disabled for now...

Hi Jarod,

Since it looks like RH is not gonna distribute their patchlist with
their kernel sources any longer, the benefit of having their kernel is
gone.  I sure wish they would change their mind about that.

Are you going to house a repo somewhere with your bits?  I know RH
won't let you push that out to us video junkies  in rhn  :)

This whole kernel srpm without patches really bums me out...