[mythtv-users] Duplicate Schedules

Graham Maltby gmaltby at iig.com.au
Wed Nov 24 07:02:51 UTC 2010

On 24/11/2010 9:45 AM, David Engel wrote:
> Priority controls the order in which programs are scheduled.  Which
> rule to use when two or more rules match the same program is a very
> different decision.  A former developer felt very strongly about that,
> so the concept of most specific rule wins has always been used.  It
> usually works well is equally as intuitive as using priority.  Should
> an All Record rule really win over a Single Record rule or even a
> Channel Record rule?

I understand the distinction between the two steps.  The one is
essentially deciding on candidates programs to record and the other is
excluding candidates based on tuner conflicts.

It just seems to be that if two programs were identified by two rules
and there were tuners available at the time, I should have both on disk
now.  If there are multiple rules matching a single program and at least
one said yes, it should be put up as a candidate to record.  The fact
that rule A said no should not override that rule B said yes.  This
seems to be a flaw in logic.

In any case, I understand the reasons and appreciate your time on this.

Thanks.
Graham