[mythtv-users] [mythtv] BrowserBased setup

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Nov 24 21:42:24 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, November 24, 2010 02:16:42 pm Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Mike Perkins
>
> <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> > Brian Wood wrote:
> >> I agree it's rare to need to run mythtv-setup, once the system is
> >> up and running.
> >>
> >> During the process of initial setup, it's not uncommon to have to
> >> run mythtv-setup dozens of times in a day. The fact that you must
> >> go through entire sections, and usually can't just go to the
> >> single thing you need to mess with, this becomes very tedious.
> >
> > Aye. That last point applies in spades to the front-end setup
> > options too. Having to plough through ten or twelve screens just
> > to tweak say, an overscan option gets a bit old very quickly.
>
> Guys, mythtv-users, please.  If you're not doing the development, and
> it's all about wishes and a list of desires, it doesn't belong here.
>
> Please.  Pretty please.

Sorry if it's the wrong place, but I thought this was the place for
users to discuss problems and issues they have *from the user's
perspective*. That's why there is a user's list separate from the dev
list, or so I thought.

The idea is not fully formed enough to warrant an official "feature
request", I just wanted to see if I was the only one for whom this is an
issue, and if there might be reasons why it's not practical or desirable
to implement.

From the initial posting to this list, it appeared that this discussion
had been intentionally steered to this list. Am I wrong in that?