[mythtv-users] [UK] - What's the best way to capture from a Sky digibox?

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 16:23:46 UTC 2010

On 25 November 2010 15:41, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

The Hauppauge HVR-1900 is an external USB 2.0 device with onboard
> MPEG-2 encoder and DVB-T tuner, and costs roughly half that of the
> HD-PVR. The HVR-1900 is only standard definition capable (S-Video or
> composite), whereas the HD-PVR will give you HD captures using
> component video if your STB can provide it.

Thanks. Looks interesting. Anyone else on here using one of these?

My Sky setup is only SD and it's likely to stay that way, as I'm already
getting all the HD programmes I need and there's no way I'm ever going to
pay Murdoch any more than I have to!

George