[mythtv-users] Finally upgraded from 9.10/0.22 to 10.04/0.23.1 : expected behaviour?

Daniel Born born_daniel at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 18:49:31 UTC 2010

Hi all,
First of all, I must say that the transition when smoother than anticipated! Aside from re-setting up lirc, alsa and X, Myth pretty much "just worked" (including database upgrade).
I created a second partition on my OS disk and installed a fresh mythbuntu 10.04 with a database backup from 9.10 & restore on 10.04.

Now the difference in behaviour for Myth: I'm recording HD with an HD-PVR connected to my set-top box and I used to have slight video stutter when watching LiveTV (when starting or when program changed) that got fixed by quickly pausing/unpausing. Recordings were always fine.

Now I notice alot more audio stutter (but not video) when watching LiveTV or recordings. It will typically be 1/2 second sound on, 1/2 second sound off and pausing won't fix it. Moving forward (30 sec) or backward (5 sec) seems to fix it though. Sometimes the sound will work but will be about 3-5 seconds out of sync with the video. Again, ff or rew seems to re-align it.

My cpu load doesn't seem abnormally high (less than 5% on Core2 Duo 3ghz) and I am using vdpau high. My hd-pvr has the most recent firmware and I am using analog audio connected to the back rca connectors. I get daily builds (ppa).

Any idea on what to look for? (I don't think I'm ready to go for 0.24 just yet!)

Thanks,
Daniel