[mythtv-users] Many new dvd's not working

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 21:32:47 UTC 2010

Even with 0.24-fixes I'm still seeing some issues....  Particularly
with the movie "Dinosaur" (and that is quite a few years old) and the
newer movie "The Blind Side".

Dinosaur will not start playing the movie from the menu.  It just
dumps to the "previews".  To watch I have to select the second chapter
then back up to the start.

The Blind Side sometimes jumps right to the film after a brief glimpse
of the menu screen.

I was using Storage Groups but had an issue with a couple of DVD iso
files still having copy protection.  That is odd because I used DVDFab
to strip everything out but when they try to play they are all garbled
and pixelated.  Turns out the .iso still has dvdcss and you have to
use unencrypted .iso files for storage groups to work.

Stupid DRM (I own all the disks).  Can anyone suggest a way to strip
the dvdcss out of the iso files?

Sorry to take this on a tangent!