[mythtv-users] satellite tuner card

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Nov 26 10:03:52 UTC 2010

On 26 Nov 2010, at 10:22, James Thorpe wrote:

> On 26/11/2010 08:58, Richard Morton wrote:
>>
>> Novas2hd here with static dish and happy here also...
>>

> +1 for Nova HD S2 - have two installed, but again on fixed dish.  Only "gotcha" was making sure the firmware was in place, everything else has been flawless.

I have had trouble with the HD-S2 (and HVR-4000) on certain, mostly Intel, motherboards where the IRQ sharing was a problem causing regular glitches in recordings.
With the right motherboard they work well, provided you are not wanting Scandinavian (and Portugese too I think) HD services where they have very high symbol rates >40Msym/s.

Andre