[mythtv-users] Not impressed with the iMON remote

dave cunningham news004 at upsilon.org.uk
Fri Nov 26 13:04:02 UTC 2010

Kingsley Turner wrote:
> On 26/11/10 07:20, dave cunningham wrote:
>> I was using a media centre remote then got a new case with an integrated
>> iMON VFD/IR receiver + remote.
>  >
>  > [...]
>>
>> The big problem however is that the remote itself is rubbish.
>
> You can't get a nicer, learning-remote that can emulate the iMON remote?

My real issue is whether the directional problem I see with the iMON
remote is due to the receiver or the remote. If it's just a weak IR
transmitter in the remote then I'm happy enough to get a harmony or
similar. If it's a weak IR receiver though then there's not much point
getting a new remote; I may as well go back to the MCE remote - but I
would rather keep the internal receiver/power on functionality of the iMON
receiver if possible...

--
Dave Cunningham                                  PGP KEY ID: 0xA78636DC