[mythtv-users] Not impressed with the iMON remote

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 26 18:42:46 UTC 2010

Am 26.11.2010 18:42, schrieb Christian Szpilfogel:
> On 26/11/2010 9:33 AM, dargllun wrote:
>>> I run my iMON receiver in MCE remote compatibility mode. There is
>>> documentation in the wiki to do this. Let me know if you can't find
>>> it...
>>>
>>> I have my Logitech Harmony One remote configured to emulate a MCE remote
>>

>> I'm using an iMON LCD receiver (in an Antec Remote Fusion case) and am
>> considering to use it in MCE mode like you do. However, in the
>> original configuration I can use the RM200 remote to turn power on/off
>> (or rather: suspend/resume); is that also possible in MCE mode? Does
>> MCE mode survive suspend or even power-off?
>>
> I'm not sure your Antec Fusion will support choice of mode. I have a
> Fusion Black 430 and it does not but it will really depend on the
> generation of device you have. Other than lirc.conf consistency I'm not
> sure it is worth changing it anyway.

Well it does seem to have an RC-6 the mode, ir-keytable says:

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event4) with:
	Driver imon, table rc-imon-pad
	Supported protocols: RC-6 	Enabled protocols:

'ir-keytable -c -w /etc/rc_keymaps/imon_mce' does enable it, but
obviously I couldn't test if this works as expected.

I would like another remote primarily because the RM200 is not very
convenient. Also, with the new imon kernel module, I can't seem to
receive all keys anymore. I know I could blacklist imon and revert to
lirc-module-sources but if a Harmony would solve that on the way, I
wouldn't mind.