[mythtv-users] Fedora 14 & Serial Lirc

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Nov 26 20:16:49 UTC 2010

On Nov 26, 2010, at 10:45 AM, Thomas Paine wrote:

> I am trying to get my serial ir blaster working with F14. In dmesg I
> get an error about the port being in use /dev/ttyS0 and to type:
> setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
>
> Which I did. I'm not sure if that is a permanent thing or if I need to
> do it every time I boot?

Every time you boot.

> Does anyone have a quick set of instructions on getting a serial
> blaster working with F14?

Should be pretty much the same as all prior Fedora releases, as well
as being almost the same for every other Linux distro. Should be
plenty of docs out there already covering it. Short version is that
you may need to set some module options if its not on ttyS0 (see
output of 'modinfo lirc_serial' for details), you have to do the
setserial dance every boot, as well as a modprobe lirc_serial on
every boot. If I'm thinking clearly, I had no module options set,
then a shell script at /etc/sysconfig/modules/lirc.modules that did
the setserial and modprobe, last time I had a serial IR device in
an active setup.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com