[mythtv-users] Astra19.2E channel scan

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 11:55:30 UTC 2010

2010/11/24 Johan <johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be>:
> On 11/24/2010 06:21 PM, Simon Hobson wrote:
>>
>> Josu Lazkano wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everybody! I just scanned all Astra19.2E channels and I get more
>>> than 1000 channels. I have sorted my way, but when I rescan to find
>>> new channels I lost all sorted channels.
>>>
>>> I want to know if exists a way to scan channels without delete them.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to get all channel with an other tool, then select
>>> which channels I want to add and insert on MythTV?
>>
>> This looks much the same as what this script deals with :
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_editing_script
>>
>> Normally, the best way is to do a full scan - but as you've found out,
>> it's a real pain to have to go back and re-sort the channels (and hide the
>> ones you aren't interested in) each time. I wrote the script as we were
>> having fairly regular channel changes on our UK Freeview (DVB-T) service.
>>
>> Just edit to your needs, and each time you rescan, just run the script.
>> BTW - line 2 references channels from 700 to 799, these are radio channels
>> over here.
>>
> I used to use the transport scan. This limits the scan to providers I want.
> Don't select "add new transports", this will effectively create an almost
> full scan. http://www.tracksat.com/satellite40-deg.html should give you the
> info needed.

Thanks both for your replys.

I want to try a bash script to manage transport updates, I try to scan
all Astra channels and the edit manually on a text editor:

scan /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-19.2E | tee channels_astra.conf

My idea is to scan all my favourity transport and check is there is any update.

I want to make it with w_scan, but i have some problems with it.

I will try this weekend, best regards.

> Johan

Josu Lazkano