[mythtv-users] 0.24 DVD playback

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 21:12:07 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 12:22 PM, dargllun <dargllun at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> DVD playback gives me a corrupted screen and choppy audio and lots of
> messages like this in the frontend log:
>
> 2010-11-27 21:17:09.069 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f604583d5a0]00 motion_type at 5 16
> 2010-11-27 21:17:09.069 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f604583d5a0]00 motion_type at 21 2
> 2010-11-27 21:17:09.070 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f604583d5a0]ac-tex damaged at 38 6
> 2010-11-27 21:17:09.070 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f604583d5a0]00 motion_type at 11 11
> 2010-11-27 21:17:09.187 [ac3 @ 0x7f604583d5a0]frame CRC mismatch
> 2010-11-27 21:17:09.265 [ac3 @ 0x7f604583d5a0]frame sync error
> 2010-11-27 21:17:09.265 AFD Error: Unknown audio decoding error
>
> The very same DVD (in fact played from an ISO file for convenience) worked
> great in 0.23.1.
>
> What other information might be interesting? Playback of recordings and AVIs
> work completely flawless.
>
> Thanks
> greg

Are you by chance using storage groups?

They require the use of totally unencrypted .iso files (no DRM).  I
guess for some reason it can't use libdvdcss (I guess it does not
understand the storage group protocol).

I had this same issue with a number of .iso files of mine.  I thought
they had been decrypted during ripping but for some reason they are
not.

I ended up switching back to non-storage group directories for my DVD
.iso files.