[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24 HDMI audio problem

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 06:46:46 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 28 November 2010 09:34, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> could this be because I'm using the TV's edid and not the receiver's
>> passed through edid? perhaps I need to capture the edid as the
>> reciever reports it...
>
> Could be..
>
> I wouldn't have thought the edid contained any informations regarding
> the audio capabilities other than a YES/NO option.
>
> What happen if you use the edid from the amp instead?

well, some combination of something I did seems to be working...

I captured the edid through the receiver with everything on.
I installed ALSA from scratch.
I disabled the onboard soundcard.

Now, ALSA:hw:0.7 in mythtv works with AC3/DTS and my hd audio, and if
I shutdown and startup, reboot, or just kill Myth, it works.

I've been fooled in the past, so we'll see if it lasts through to
tomorrow, but at this point it got through 8 hours of use and
"abuse"(artificial to test, system takes about 30seconds to reboot so
not so bad) with no problems.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!