[mythtv-users] Squeezesoft prevents audio in .24

paul10 at planar.id.au paul10 at planar.id.au
Sun Nov 28 10:09:13 UTC 2010

I have Squeeze running on my frontend, and mythtv.  I'm able to use both.
I'm using Alsa, I've uninstalled pulse.  I had similar issues to those you
describe for a while, and I no longer have them.  I spent some time
fiddling around with which device each program was connecting to, and I
have to confess I'm not sure exactly what fixed it for me....but something
must have.

My myth setup is pointing at ALSA:default:CARD=default, which is what it
auto detected.

My squeezeslave setup is also now pointing at the default.

I don't have any magic advice for you, but I can provide some assurance
that enough fiddling will get it going.  I actually have 3 machines that
are running both mythfrontend and squeezeslave, and all three are happy to
play both, including playing both simultaneously (and successfully mixing
both).  I'm pretty sure none of my hardware has hardware mixing
capabilities, logically I must be using a mixer somewhere - perhaps it's
using the alsa mixer?

Paul