[mythtv-users] "Too many recordings of this programme have already been recorded". How to prevent?

Liam Friel liam.friel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 22:11:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

possibly dumb question but I don't know how to prevent this.

To ensure that an Irish DTT listing is kept up to date, I want to schedule a
1 hour nightly recording.
I don't care what it records: but EIT is collected during a recording.

The frontend is on a dual-frontend card so I don't just want to dedicate
that tuner to DTT EIT collection as that would lock it out from it's
"normal" job: DVB-S.

So I setup a recording, same time every night, set "record this programme in
this timeslot every day", low quality, no commercial flagging, tell Myth to
keep one recording and auto-expire. I tell it to use a fixed name, easy to
recognise, generally with _DEL in the title. And set it off.

this works fine: for a while. About 2 weeks I'd guess.

Then the recordings are no longer scheduled. The appear in "upcoming
recordings" as Deactivated, for the reason given in the title.

So when I notice this, I just nuke that recording and make a new one with a
new title.
And so it goes, for another two weeks.

How can I schedule a recording which will run forever, once per day, for 1
hours, keeping only the last one of them, all with the same title, and not
have the recording deactivate after a period.

Regards
Liam