[mythtv-users] mythweb fails when searching for "other showing of a program"

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Tue Nov 30 02:43:23 UTC 2010

Hi!

On 11/29/2010 9:15 PM, Oz Dror wrote:
> mysql>  SELECT * FROM settings WHERE data = '192.168.0.4' ;
> +-----------------+-------------+----------+
> | value           | data        | hostname |
> +-----------------+-------------+----------+
> | MasterServerIP  | 192.168.0.4 | NULL     |
> | BackendServerIP | 192.168.0.4 | NULL     |
> +-----------------+-------------+----------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Hmm, not OK, the BackendServerIP is configured on a per-host basis...

>> What actually did you change in your config? It might give us a better
>> idea of where the problem may lie...
>
> Last September I upgraded my ubuntu+mythtv system from version 10.4 to 10.10.
> mythweb did not work so I had to manualy assign hostname=null to
> either the MasterServerIP or The BackendServerIP (I do not remeber to
> which one) mythweb then worked fine.

You shouldn't (have to) do that, if I had to guess I would say that
something is causing the hostname not to be retrieved properly on that
PC, did you try setting the hostname in /etc/httpd/conf.d/mythweb.conf?

re: setenv hostname         "PUT_THE_NAME_YOU_WANT_HERE"

That same name should be set for BackendServerIP and any other setting
where you set hostname to null when it should have an hostname.

> What should be the value of hostname for the data value 192.168.0.4
> (newip) in the setting record. Anything but null causes a more serious
> error in mythweb than the error above.

It's the hostname of your pc. What do you get when you type "hostname"
on the command line?

BTW, what do you have for the following parameters in
/etc/httpd/conf.d/mythweb.conf: db_server, db_name, db_login,
db_password? That's what tells MythWeb where the database is and how to
access it so if it's wrong it could cause weird problems....

Have a nice day!

Nick