[mythtv-users] Floating point exception

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 04:07:16 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Donn Washburn <n5xwb at comcast.net> wrote:
> On 11/29/2010 09:26 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Donn Washburn<n5xwb at comcast.net>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Every program I have of mythTV is failing to come up and giving me the
>>> following error.
>>>
>>> # mythtv-setup
>>> Floating point exception.
>>>
>>> Is this a sse/sse2 issue with a Athlon-xp
>>
>> It's almost certainly a broken configure line-- I warned you of this
>> in your other thread-- did you switch to the configure line I
>> suggested, or blaze ahead with the one you had?
>>
>> Robert
>>
> Thanks for the reply!
>
> Here is a copy of my mythtv-conf-it which is my input to configure.  Other
> than CFLAG entries I don't see a problem./

As I said in the other thread, *why* are you assigning march, mfpmath,
etc.?  You are causing your own problem, because you are giving bad
input.

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-bindings=perl,python --enable-proc-opts

That's *it*.  Nothing more.  Please do not set processor options.  You
are doing it wrong.  Configure is smart.  Please, please let it do the
work.

Robert