[mythtv-users] Floating point exception

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Tue Nov 30 15:46:13 UTC 2010

On 11/30/2010 10:37 AM, Donn Washburn wrote:
> On 11/30/2010 09:26 AM, Robert McNamara wrote:
>>
>>> *Guess What!  It works just like Amarok does.  If you start it with
>>> "strace
>>> -o mythTV.err mythtv-setup"  it comes right up full screen.*
>>> *Start it directly and it fails*
>> Neither Myth *nor* Amarok should behave this way-- this is an
>> indication of some improperly complied library or supporting code on
>> your system-- most likely because you chose to tell that software's
>> configure how to do its job, too.
>>
>> Robert
>>
> Robert;
>
> I agree completely that something openSuSE has done is causing the
> problem.
> I just emailed openSuSE's email group about it.  It is either a
> openSuSE or KDE4.5 problem.

Not sure if this is important or just a typo on your configure line -

Robert's suggestion -

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-bindings=perl,python --enable-proc-opts

What you said you used -
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-bindings=perl,python --enable-proc-opt

You're missing an "s" on "opts". Typos can be a killer.--