[mythtv-users] Floating point exception

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 30 15:46:14 UTC 2010

I just ran into this thread, sorry if my suggestions were already discussed.

On 30.11.2010 16:37, Donn Washburn wrote:
> On 11/30/2010 09:26 AM, Robert McNamara wrote:
>>
>>> *Guess What! It works just like Amarok does. If you start it with
>>> "strace
>>> -o mythTV.err mythtv-setup" it comes right up full screen.*
>>> *Start it directly and it fails*
>> Neither Myth *nor* Amarok should behave this way-- this is an
>> indication of some improperly complied library or supporting code on
>> your system-- most likely because you chose to tell that software's
>> configure how to do its job, too.
>>
>> Robert
>>
> Robert;
>
> I agree completely that something openSuSE has done is causing the problem.
> I just emailed openSuSE's email group about it. It is either a openSuSE
> or KDE4.5 problem.

Something else worth trying to get a clue:

* run through gdb:
   sh$ gdb mythtv-setup
   (gdb) run
   As gdb uses similar hooks as strace, this may not help, though.

* turn on core dumps:
   sh$ ulimit -c 500000
   You can then use gdb to analyze the core dump.

Don't expect wonders from both approaches, but perhaps an indication in
what subcomponent you should be looking.

That number determines maximum size of core files created, 500000 may be
wrong for you; see 'help ulimit' for details.

Regards
greg