[mythtv-users] Recurring, Intermittent Error with Myth where tuners/listings go away ?

Paul paul at paulhurley.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 22:13:11 UTC 2010

Hello.  I'm running mythbuntu 10.10, myth 0..23-fixes and I am getting
some random, intermittent issues recently.  Having lost my frontend a
while back to a water spill I'm currently mainly using my backend via
mythweb and downloading files to my laptop to watch.  My backend also
runs email, a wiki and monitoring via cacti.  Every so often it seems
that parts of the backend process fall over.

The main symptoms are that the cacti trace for tuners in use goes to
zero (i.e the tuners disapear).  at the same time the 'Upcoming
recordings'page of mythweb shows no upcoming recordings and I get this
error if I try to open the status page of MythWeb;

*Warning* at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules/status/handler.php, line 35:
file_get_contents(http://192.168.0.13:6544): failed to open stream: HTTP
request failed!

*Warning* at
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules/_shared/tmpl/default/header.php, line 16:
Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/errors.php:148)

I've looked in /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log but can't see anything
that pops out.  This is all usually fixed by restarting the backend.

I've recently tried to fix this by deleting all capture cards (two
hauppauge Nova-T usb sticks) and recreating them, and deleting all
channels and doing a full rescan, but too no avail.
Result of mythfrontend --version

*Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 24158
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100314-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
  linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libudev using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg
*

Any ideas greatly appreciated....

Paul.