[mythtv-users] sending IR signal on screensaver activation

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 23:35:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

Yes, after you pointed it out, it is of course power management.

xset -q -d 0.0

the last line says Monitor is On || Off

so that could do it, but cron running only every minute could be an
issue. Its a long time to wait, and yet polling more frequently seems
like a poor thing to do.

thanks anyway; you've pointed me in the right direction... I havent
had to get LIRC working before either... and now I see that there is
an issue with my USB UIRT and kernels after 2.26.20; unless the mythtv
wiki is out of date and the issue has been resolved.