[mythtv-users] Whole "watch recordings" section empty but recording rules still in place and working

OLO m3mys3lf4ndi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 10:58:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 7:49 PM, OLO <m3mys3lf4ndi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 7:02 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org>wrote:

>> I forgot to mention. This is FAR to close to being full, for a running
>> mythbox. You really need to think about splitting the system.
>> Put a small drive (30-40Gig) drive into the system, and dedicate the big
>> one to video storage.
>>
>> You can even run myth from a USB memory key. Needs about 8 Gig for a
>> minimal myth setup, without all the bloat which ends up on our usual
>> systems.
>> Geoff
>>
>> Yes i know its getting a bit full right now as i cannot delete the
> recordings for about a month now... Luckly i've set up live tv to be deleted
> daily so that should be fine till i'll figure out whats wrong with it
> (hopefully)

> On 09/29/2010 03:44 AM, OLO wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:53 AM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org
>>

>  ad. FOURTH
>> There might be some problem, duplicate entry?
>> +-----------------+-----------+
>> | value           | data      |
>> +-----------------+-----------+
>> | BackendServerIP | 127.0.0.1 |
>> | MasterServerIP  | 127.0.0.1 |
>> | BackendServerIP | 127.0.0.1 |
>> +-----------------+-----------+
>> 3 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>>

> You should not have 2 instances of any value in the settings table.
> Use:
> mysql> delete from settings where value = "BackendServerIP" limit 1;
>
> And re-check. You should only have one instance.
>
> Yup, done that and now got one instance showing, but as previously
> mentioned i've fiddled with hostnames in myth setup changing from localhost
> to mythbox to 127.0.0.1 and back to localhost and now im getting
> configuration screen after reboot (select language), when i do esc it
> switches after a while to frontend (still with no recordings).
>

>  ad. FIFTH
>> Theres different IP address in here then i thought it should be:
>> less /etc/hosts | grep mythbox
>> 127.0.1.1    mythbox
>>

> Well THIS would explain a LOT. It should be 127.0.0.1 like in your mysql
> table. So of course, myth is trying to talk to the wrong IP address.
>
> Fix, restart the network (or reboot) and check again.
>

> Tried that and no luck ... it still belives its 127.0.1.1
>

> --
> --
> Two rules for life:
> 1. Don't tell people everything you know.
> 2.
>
> I'm still stuck,
changed /etc/hosts to 127.0.0.1 mythbox but theres the same IP entry for
localhost.
Now it boot fine into frontend but still doesnt show recordings.

To recap:

*mysql>* use mysql;

Database changed
*mysql>* select host,user,password from user;
+-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+
| host      | user             | password                                  |
+-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+
| localhost | root             | *734F96084C7
| terranova | root             | *734F96084C7
| 127.0.0.1 | root             | *734F96084C7
| localhost | debian-sys-maint | *8B993C69
| localhost | mythtv           | *ADEB9DF9E4
| %         | mythtv           | *ADEB9DF9E48
+-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+

*mysql> *use mythconverg

Database changed
*mysql>* select distinct hostname,count(hostname) from settings;
+----------+-----------------+
| hostname | count(hostname) |
+----------+-----------------+
| mythbox  |             449 |
+----------+-----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

*mysql>* select value,data from settings where value like "%ServerIP";
+-----------------+-----------+
| value           | data      |
+-----------------+-----------+
| MasterServerIP  | 127.0.0.1 |
| BackendServerIP | 127.0.0.1 |
+-----------------+-----------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

*less /etc/hosts*

127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.0.1       mythbox

::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

Still there is something wrong as i cannot login as user to mysql, only as
root, even that in my ~ .mysql.txt file all seems correct (passwords).
Any more suggestions what to do with mysql? Im totally green in mysql so
haven't got a clue what else to do with it.

thanks

alex