[mythtv-users] Whole "watch recordings" section empty but recording rules still in place and working

Clay ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 1 16:05:49 UTC 2010

OLO wrote:
>> I'm still stuck,
> changed /etc/hosts to 127.0.0.1 mythbox but theres the same IP entry for
> localhost.
> Now it boot fine into frontend but still doesnt show recordings.

There was a suggestion many posts back about recording groups, which are
you using? which are you viewing?
I missed the response.

> To recap:
>
> *mysql>* use mysql;
>
> Database changed
> *mysql>* select host,user,password from user;
> +-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+
> | host      | user             | password                                  |
> +-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+
> | localhost | root             | *734F96084C7
> | terranova | root             | *734F96084C7
> | 127.0.0.1 | root             | *734F96084C7
> | localhost | debian-sys-maint | *8B993C69
> | localhost | mythtv           | *ADEB9DF9E4
> | %         | mythtv           | *ADEB9DF9E48
> +-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+

mythtv at localhost and mythtv@% have different passwords (or a copy/paste
error)
fwiw, I go around and around with usernames whenever I upgrade, new
machine, etc.
I end up putting [username]@ everything I can think of... @127.0.0.1,
@*, etc., all with the correct (same) password.
Much hammering and (don't forget) many GRANT ALL and many FLUSH
PRIVILEGES, before mysql gets happy.
It's a tedious and frustrating task (for me) and reason enough NOT to
fsck with it once it's working...

fwiw, even though I use a stand alone master BE/FE, I still assign a
static IP address to the box. May make it easier... then again, may be
the root of all my grief.