[mythtv-users] VGA verses HDMI

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Oct 1 18:23:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 11:58 -0700, Kevin Ross wrote:

> What you describe is called tearing, and is not caused by the frame
> rate.  If you're using VDPAU,

I am on an ION and annoyingly, yeah, I see tearing also.

> it's usually caused by not disabling
> compositing.

I have that disabled:

Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

> You can disable it by running:
>
> sudo nvidia-xconfig --no-composite

So I did this an analyzed the xorg.conf changes that it did make, just
for giggles.  The only meaningful difference was that it moved:

    Option         "TripleBuffer" "True"
    Option         "ModeDebug" "true"

from the Device section to the Screen section.  I don't really know how
relevant that change might be.

b.