[mythtv-users] Whole "watch recordings" section empty but recording rules still in place and working

OLO m3mys3lf4ndi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 19:17:50 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Clay <ctmythtv at pacbell.net> wrote:

> OLO wrote:

>>> I'm still stuck,
>>>
>> changed /etc/hosts to 127.0.0.1 mythbox but theres the same IP entry for
>> localhost.
>> Now it boot fine into frontend but still doesnt show recordings.
>>

> There was a suggestion many posts back about recording groups, which are
> you using? which are you viewing?
> I missed the response.

I've switched ON all viewing groups (incl. live tv etc) and checked probably
every option in showing groups (i pressume that You choose with enter or
space once You hit "M" on that screen).

>> To recap:
>>
>> *mysql>* use mysql;
>>
>> Database changed
>> *mysql>* select host,user,password from user;
>>
>> +-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+
>> | host      | user             | password
>>
>> +-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+
>> | localhost | root             | *734F96084C7
>> | terranova | root             | *734F96084C7
>> | 127.0.0.1 | root             | *734F96084C7
>> | localhost | debian-sys-maint | *8B993C69
>> | localhost | mythtv           | *ADEB9DF9E4
>> | %         | mythtv           | *ADEB9DF9E48
>>
>> +-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+
>>

> mythtv at localhost and mythtv@% have different passwords (or a copy/paste
> error)
> fwiw, I go around and around with usernames whenever I upgrade, new
> machine, etc.
> I end up putting [username]@ everything I can think of... @127.0.0.1, @*,
> etc., all with the correct (same) password.
> Much hammering and (don't forget) many GRANT ALL and many FLUSH PRIVILEGES,
> before mysql gets happy.
> It's a tedious and frustrating task (for me) and reason enough NOT to fsck
> with it once it's working...
>
> fwiw, even though I use a stand alone master BE/FE, I still assign a static
> IP address to the box. May make it easier... then again, may be the root of
> all my grief.

> Thanks to GRANT ALL and FLUSH PRIVILEGES etc i've managed to get access as
a user now (mythtv) but stil no recordings...

Two rules for life:
1. Don't tell people everything you know.
2.