[mythtv-users] Whole "watch recordings" section empty but recording rules still in place and working

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Oct 1 20:10:05 UTC 2010

On 10/01/2010 03:17 PM, OLO wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Clay <ctmythtv at pacbell.net
> <mailto:ctmythtv at pacbell.net>> wrote:
>
>     OLO wrote:

>             I'm still stuck,
>
>         changed /etc/hosts to 127.0.0.1 mythbox but theres the same IP
>         entry for
>         localhost.
>         Now it boot fine into frontend but still doesnt show recordings.
>

>     There was a suggestion many posts back about recording groups, which
>     are you using? which are you viewing?
>     I missed the response.
>
> I've switched ON all viewing groups (incl. live tv etc) and checked
> probably every option in showing groups (i pressume that You choose with
> enter or space once You hit "M" on that screen).

>         To recap:
>
>         *mysql>* use mysql;
>
>         Database changed
>         *mysql>* select host,user,password from user;
>         +-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+
>         | host      | user             | password
>         +-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+
>         | localhost | root             | *734F96084C7
>         | terranova | root             | *734F96084C7
>         | 127.0.0.1 | root             | *734F96084C7
>         | localhost | debian-sys-maint | *8B993C69
>         | localhost | mythtv           | *ADEB9DF9E4
>         | %         | mythtv           | *ADEB9DF9E48
>         +-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+
>

>     mythtv at localhost and mythtv@% have different passwords (or a
>     copy/paste error)
>     fwiw, I go around and around with usernames whenever I upgrade, new
>     machine, etc.
>     I end up putting [username]@ everything I can think of... @127.0.0.1
>     <http://127.0.0.1>, @*, etc., all with the correct (same) password.
>     Much hammering and (don't forget) many GRANT ALL and many FLUSH
>     PRIVILEGES, before mysql gets happy.
>     It's a tedious and frustrating task (for me) and reason enough NOT
>     to fsck with it once it's working...
>
>     fwiw, even though I use a stand alone master BE/FE, I still assign a
>     static IP address to the box. May make it easier... then again, may
>     be the root of all my grief.

> Thanks to GRANT ALL and FLUSH PRIVILEGES etc i've managed to get access
> as a user now (mythtv) but stil no recordings...

If you have fixed the different IP address and different password errors
and can get into mysql as user 'mythtv' then it should be working.
Make sure that you 'true up' both mysql.txt and config.xml to match what
you have changed (name and IP).

Try this in mysql
mysql> select title,subtitle,basename,filesize from recorded;

You should see a 'xx rows in set' equal to the number of recordings you
have, and filesizes should not be zero.

Geoff

              R. Geoffrey Newbury