[mythtv-users] Whole "watch recordings" section empty but recording rules still in place and working

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Oct 1 20:14:54 UTC 2010

On 10/01/2010 03:17 PM, OLO wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Clay <ctmythtv at pacbell.net

>     fwiw, even though I use a stand alone master BE/FE, I still assign a
>     static IP address to the box. May make it easier... then again, may
>     be the root of all my grief.

You MUST use a static IP address. Myth uses the MasterServerIP and
BackendServerIP addresses for the frontend to find the backend. But it
relies on networking settings to do that. plus the frontend is
denuminated by a 'hostname' setting, which networking also resolves to
an IP address. Some of that is avoided when it is a BE/FE box, but mysql
always thinks that it is on another computer and uses networking to talk
to the server. (THere are some exceptions but that has to be set up). So
/etc/hosts is important.
Geoff

              R. Geoffrey Newbury