[mythtv-users] Rip DVDs that are already on disk

Dan Smith mrplowdan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 02:22:13 UTC 2010

h264enc (in ubuntu repositories) works well but again doesn't keep
menus but does use chapters from dvds if exporting to mkv and probably
other containers I don't use, its CLI and works well with batch files.
You can import ISOs VIDEO_TS folders and anything your version of
mencoder supports, it exports x264 files in AVI, MKV, MP4, OGM, TS,
Blu-ray and AVCHD disc structure containers.
http://h264enc.sourceforge.net/