[mythtv-users] bizarre database corruption

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 2 15:53:31 UTC 2010

  On 10/02/2010 11:08 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
> When I set up
> the HDHomerun antenna tuner, the scan options come up properly (i.e.
> Terrestrial, Broadcast), but the scanner still finds no channels. If I
> run "hdhomerun_config XXXXXXX scan 1", it does find all the channels I
> would expect. If I fill the channel table with "Fetch Channels from
> Listing Source",

You cannot use "Fetch Channels from Listings Source" with digital
capture devices.  You must do a scan with mythtv-setup.

>   then try to use Live TV, it fails to lock, and what I
> see is something like "Tl___" which I have been told means it is trying
> to use QAM tuning on an antenna tuner. But I have no idea why this is
> set wrong or where to change it.
>
> In addition to this, if I now go into mythtv-setup and try to delete
> this capture card, it won't delete it and it is still there after I
> confirm "Yes, delete this capture card". The only way to get rid of it
> is to remove it using the mysql command line (from capturecard and
> cardinput tables).

Delete all capture cards.  Please see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 --it
has all the information you should need to fix all the issues you're seeing.

Mike