[mythtv-users] Shortened or Folded(?) Recordings

jr jraymyth at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 16:39:54 UTC 2010

Some of my analog [HVR 1950] recordings (an hour in length) are
showing as only 15 to 19 minutes in length through the front end. If I
let them play through then they play the complete 1 hour show.  If I
skip 30 secs, then *sometimes* they skip 30 seconds and sometimes
several minutes.  If the latter, the I can skip back through the extra
length as per normal.  I do not see any errors in my logs.

Also, if I play one of these recordings through mplayer, vlc or stream
to WMP, then the recording is seen as being the full hour in length.

Any thoughts as to what might be happening?

Thanks,
jr