[mythtv-users] Program Guide, Lirc, and F-Keys -- Bug?

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Sat Oct 2 18:28:39 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've been playing with setting up a new frontend. I'm currently using an
older TiVo IR remote. I'm planning to eventually use a TiVo Slide, but
I'm just moving my old stuff over for the time being to keep it simple.

I decided to map all the remote buttons to F* keys to keep them unique
from normal keys. For example, the TiVo remote Select button maps via
LIRC to F5, which is then mapped to Myth Global SELECT. This seems to be
working fine throughout Myth, with the exception of the Program Guide.
In the Guide, pressing Select displays a "4" in the guide, Channel Up
displays "2" (should be F3->PAGEUP), Channel Down displays "3" (should
be F4->PAGEDOWN). Hitting the actual corresponding F-keys on a real
keyboard behaves as I intended in the Guide.

Is it possible that Myth's lirc code has a bug in it with respect to
F-keys in only the Program Guide? Something else going on here?

Thanks!
Joe