[mythtv-users] Program Guide, Lirc, and F-Keys -- Bug?

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Sat Oct 2 22:59:47 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 17:19 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Let me guess:  you didn't use the Edit Keys section of mythfrontend to
> edit your keys?  Many of the function keys are already mapped in TV
> Playback, so you likely have conflicts--which Edit Keys would have
> prevented.
>
> MythWeb's key bindings editor doesn't flag conflicts--thus the big
> warning in red at the top of the page.  Similarly, direct DB editing
> won't prevent conflicts.

Correct, I used MythWeb, but it doesn't look like that's the issue. I
had manually confirmed that the key (TiVo Select -> F5) was only used
for Global SELECT. I also just went into the Edit Keys and reselected
the key, which didn't generate any warnings about conflicts.

Pressing F5 on the keyboard within the Guide works fine to select a
show. Pressing the keyboard F5 and the Tivo Select (LIRC F5) both work
within menus and other screens. It's only in the Guide that the LIRC F5
doesn't work ("4" seems to be entered when it's pressed). This seems odd
to me...

Thanks,
Joe