[mythtv-users] insight cable mini box

Chris Tepe cstepe at ctdataservices.com
Sun Oct 3 01:43:25 UTC 2010

  On 10/1/2010 9:34 PM, Jason wrote:
>  I was wondering if anyone on the list has the lirc configuration
> codes for the new insight mini cable boxes?  Sadly I have to switch
> over to these and loose two tuners in the process (I have two
> PVR500s)...  I received the cable boxes today and they are a THOMPSON
> DCI104ICS and the remote is a Universal Electronics Delta Universal
> Remote (UEI Delta).  I couldn't find it in the lirc remote list.
>
> I do have a Windows Media Receiver hooked up to my front end.  Would I
> be able to use that to get the codes and make my config?  I haven't
> messed with it much since setting it up, mythbuntu makes it very easy
> to set and forget...
>
> Thank you for any pointers.
>
> Jason

Jason,

I'm in the same boat with you as an insight customer.  I haven't had a
chance to try setting up my mce usb transceiver since my back end just
crashed.  I did find this
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/JP1_universal_remote_controls_%28One-for-all%29
. It references the UEI remotes used by cable boxes.

  I'm also curious to see what channels are still available over clear
QAM after this change over as I have a hdhomerun as well.

Chris