[mythtv-users] FE/BE on AppleTV

david.w.smiley at gmail.com david.w.smiley at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 02:21:02 UTC 2010

Hello folks.
I bought an AppleTV with the intention of using it for MythTV (and
Boxee), though I've been charmed by the native capabilities of the
devise, so I'm not loving the idea of replacing it with a linux
distro.  There's a lot of information out there, some of it fairly
dated and I'm not sure what the current state of the art is.  Is
anyone here using AppleTV OS with a Mac compiled MythTV front-end?  If
so, what instructions do you suggest I follow?  Do I have to use some
old mythtv version or would the latest work?  And secondly, I'm
interested in running a backend on this machine getting HD shows from
an HDHomeRun.  Yes I know the hardware is far from ideal... but
nonetheless, is anyone running a backend on the AppleTV's native OS?
If not then is anyone doing it on Mac OS X, suggesting it *might* work
on the Apple TV -- which I here is an OS 10.4 variant?  And as I asked
for the frontend, what instruction set out there describes the process
and must I use a particular old mythtv version?

Thanks in advance!

~ David Smiley