[mythtv-users] Mythweb fails after upgrade. (ubuntu 10.04 to 10.10)

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Oct 3 03:24:50 UTC 2010

On 10/02/2010 10:38 PM, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM, R. G. Newbury<newbury at mandamus.org>  wrote:
>
>> 'grep -R -H -n get_backend_setting *' from '/' (root) finds nothing.
>> And so $port is left as the default (null) and the test fails.
>>

> Huh?
>
> mythplugins/mythweb/includes/utils.php:    function
> get_backend_setting($setting, $host = null) {
>

> This function most definitely does exist, at least in my setup (trunk)

Very interesting! Right you are. It is on my system but in /home, which
is a different partition, so the brain-dead operator completed a perfect
own-goal PEBKAC! Of course, grep would not/did not check that partition.

But why doesn't that test/function work?
I had the same problem as the OP a couple of years ago, with mythweb,
and changed the code to avoid the error. But I didn't like mythweb so I
stopped using it almost immediately.

Geoff