[mythtv-users] Matrox Millennium G400 MAX

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:55:39 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 11:48 AM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>> You probably do not need an external driver for the g400 to work...
>> Have you tried without one and looked in the xorg log to see what kind
>> of outputs are detected?
>
> I have looked in that log but am not sure what I'm looking for, can you let me know and I'll post it.

Yeah, a little bit of research led me to the fact that you are pretty
much out of luck with any modern distribution...  A 2008 patch to the
mplayer utilities of 4 years ago is the closest thing to getting it to
work, and that requires the old matrox_fb stuff which does not conform
to any modern kernel requirements for a framebuffer device...

I just *threw away* and old agp 6200 nvidia that would still do tv-out
in linux..  Wish I would have known...