[mythtv-users] Matrox Millennium G400 MAX

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 18:11:22 UTC 2010

Mike,

I am not saying that DVD rips look worse than DVDs I am saying that
with even relatively low quality media (SD v HD) a TV out (especially
a composite video out but still evident with svideo) onto a CRT
doesnot look as good (in my opinion) as the same media over DVI onto
an LCD.

Some (many) of the themes now use finer and smaller writing which only
looks good on larger LCD and plasma panels, I have a 24" tft and I
cant use arclight, I use blue abstract instead... even though I prefer
the look of graphite and arclight. Things will change when we upgrade
to a 32" panel for the bedroom (replacing the 24") and a 42" for the
lounge (replacing the 32" CRT)