[mythtv-users] Matrox Millennium G400 MAX

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 19:34:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 15:20, Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net> wrote:

> Careful with legacy NVIDIA drivers.
>
> The trouble is that the upcoming cycle of common distros will have X server
> 1.9. NVIDIA has the mainline driver adapted to the new ABI, but not the
> legacy versions. So the proprietary legacy drivers won't work. NVIDIA has
> clearly announced that porting the legacy stuff is low on their priority
> list.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the heads up ... even though it wasn't
directed at me :)  I'm stuck on the same hardware for the foreseeable
future (for various combinations of reasons) so I'll have to be
careful of software upgrades... which I usually try to avoid anyway...

(my system is obsolete, so any hardware upgrade will pretty much
entail the purchase of an entirely new machine ... which I would love
to do, but my bank account and SO won't love :) )

aaron