[mythtv-users] Themes licenses and vdpau

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Oct 5 21:11:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have no intention of redistributing anything I do, but I like to
> sleep well..  :)  My theme modifications will only ever be used in my
> home..

I'm not aware of any clause in U.S. copyright law that permits a
copyright holder to prevent non-distributed end user modifications to
a piece of software or other copyrighted work.  A license cannot be
more restrictive than the default license "All rights reserved.".

The only exceptions to this are the anti-circumvention provisions for
access controls.

Eric